Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
Get EFT session with Heather -Call 604-815-3436 or CLICK HEREAn EFT session
From Women in Squamish Tapping Workshop:
“I am so grateful for your help and support in releasing those emotions and beliefs. I could really feel the energy moving in my body during and immediately after the ‘session’ and feel so much lighter as a result! Thanks so much for creating that opportunity and sharing your gift.
I left feeling empowered, in more control and with less pain, both physical and emotional. I also am leaving feeling more connected , grounded…and convinced!”
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I try tapping?
- It’s Simple.
- You can do it anywhere and anytime.
- Quicker, more complete improvements than common methods of dealing with these issues and the results are permanent, regardless of how long you’ve had the issue.
- You can do a lot on your own, plus you can access sessions on-line, on the phone or in-person with a certified EFT Practitioner who will guide you gently through your deepest, underlying core issues.
How can I use EFT;
- Emotional first aid for personal use. For example:
- When you get upset and you really can’t afford to be upset.
- When you want to calm down before you say something to your partner or your employee that will mean big trouble later.
- When you have a food you crave in front of you but you really don’t want to eat it.
- When you are about to do something scary like speaking in public.
- When your child or pet is very upset.
- Clearing the “roots”. This is the goal, once you identify the emotional drivers behind your anxiety, your feelings of overwhelm, your depression, your tendency towards emotional eating (eating something and then wishing you hadn’t) and any other issues that are showing up for you. Usually a practitioner will guide you through this, asking the right questions and able to see through your subconscious resistance.
Is it effective?
I’ve been practicing EFT for years now, and right from the beginning, I was seeing 80% improvement in the vast majority of people who used it on significant issues with just one session.
This was remarkable to me! So it came as no surprise when, after twenty years, the American Psychological Association finally published a statement based on their reviews of randomized controlled trials which “consistently demonstrated strong effect sizes and other statistical results that far exceed chance after relatively few treatment sessions. Criteria for evidence-based treatments were also applied and found to be met for a number of conditions, including PTSD.” In other words, it is scientifically proven to be effective.
What can I use it for:
One slogan used in the world of EFT is “try it on everything”
And why not? It’s so simple, gradual (although it often can be quicker than the alternatives) and gentle…
It’s about taking a baby step, then clearing, another baby step, then clearing, and so on. This approach avoids the painful experiences which come with jumping in too quickly and possibly not even seeing dramatic improvements.
Some issues you may want to address:
- Making peace with yourself and making peace with your body
(pain, weight issues, physical or mental dysfunction)
- Relationship and family matters (making “functional” families the new norm)
- Moving you forward in your career or business
(clearing emotions and beliefs that are blocking you, gaining confidence, improving your energy and attracting abundance)…you and those you serve will be happier!)
- Addictions (including food-related)
- Loss (jobs, loved ones)
- Anxiety (anxiety is about the future. It’s all in the imagination!)
What Happens in an EFT Session
Sessions begin with a relaxing and grounding exercise. Whatever is most disturbing is addressed first with tapping, led by the practitioner with the client following along and adding or changing as necessary. This two-way process continues until the intensity level is low or a new aspect comes up with higher intensity. The session ends with client in a calm state.
Tapping scripts and guidelines are provided for the client to use to reinforce the progress made and to keep benefiting more and more by transforming their lives in a positive direction, with EFT. A minimum of five sessions are generally required to do a clearing of core issues or transforming the “roots”. Each session continues until a “natural” completion point is reached which, on average, is after 90 minutes. The client and practitioner then decide whether further work together is required.
As the client continues on their own, supports are provided through ebooks, free videos on YouTube channel with tapping scripts and RootsEFT membership which includes newsletters, group forums and coaching support.